All parishes and archdiocesan Catholic schools will be using “Shield the Vulnerable,” a new compliance management system that will allow all parishes and schools to facilitate compliance with archdiocesan child protection requirements for all volunteers who work with minors, employees, and clergy.
ADULT REQUIREMENTS (ages 18 and over)
If an adult volunteer will have Substantial Contact with children, then the following must be completed before he/she begins to serve in the Archdiocese of Baltimore:
- Go to shieldthevulnerable.org to register as a volunteer. Make sure to:
- Complete the background check form and authorization.
- Complete the “Protect the Children:STAND” online training
- Read the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s child and youth protection policies. You will be asked to answer questions about these policies.
- Please make sure to provide email addresses for your references.
- If you will be driving as part of an event, please fill out the Driving Record Check form and provide it to our office.
YOUTH REQUIREMENTS (ages 14–17)
If a youth volunteer will have Substantial Contact with children, then the following must be completed before he/she begins to serve in the Archdiocese of Baltimore:
- Application for volunteer service must be completed.
- Fill out the reference check form with three written and signed references. Provide it to our office.
- Complete training regarding the protection of children by viewing the YOUTH STAND video, “Worthy of the Call.” This is not offered online, please contact the parish office.
- Training Verification form must be signed and completed.
- Archdiocese Code of Conduct for Church Personnel and Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth must be reviewed.
If you have any questions or need additional information on YOUTH training, please contact:
For more information about these ministries, please contact: