Confirmation Prep at SJCC is a two-year process for students in 9th grade or higher.
As part of their preparation, students:
- learn about their faith in large groups and in small Disciple Groups
- attend Mass and assist at liturgies
- participate in the Sacraments
- go on retreats
- do service projects
Adults who are practicing Catholics and are willing to share in the faith journey of our teens are invited to join our team of catechists. We will provide training as well as lesson plans. Contact the Office of Youth Ministry to learn more.
Year 1 Confirmation Prep
Students registering for Year 1 should be in Grade 9 or higher. The cost for the program is $100, which includes a day retreat.
Year 2 Confirmation Prep
Year 2 Confirmation Prep is for teens who have completed Year 1 and want to complete their preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation in the spring of 2019. The cost for the program is $200, which includes an overnight retreat at Camp Wabanna in Edgewater February 23-24, 2019.
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm with Bishop Brennan presiding.
Help at Sunday 5 pm Mass
- Serve as an EMHC (training required), Lector, or Usher at the Sunday 5:00 pm Mass.
- OR…create PowerPoints with song lyrics or run the projector for the Sunday 5:00 pm Mass.
- To sign up for any of these Liturgical Ministries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate in the SJCC Hand Bell Ministry
- Contact Carole Gauthier at email@example.com
Helpful Links and Forms
Resources for Parents
- Beyond the Pew is a video resource that is specifically geared towards engaging parents. There are short, quick videos with practical ways for parents to bring the faith home. You can find the video blog here: http://beyondthepew.org/ or on their youtube channel
- SJCC offers families a free membership to the website FORMED.org which offers a huge selection of videos for all ages to grow in their faith. Enter parish code HR7RK7.
For more information about these ministries, please contact: