First Sunday of Advent: Hope
Light one candle on your Advent Wreath.
Lord God, we wait for you during Advent with hearts full of Hope.
As we light the first candle on our Advent wreath, we pray that you will help us walk in your light and shine it for others to see. Amen.
- Talk about what you hope for?
- When have you felt hopeful?
Second Sunday of Advent: Faith
Light two candles on your Advent Wreath.
Lord God, we wait for you during Advent with hearts full of Faith.
Mary and Joseph made their journey to Bethlehem with faith that You would provide for them even when things were difficult.
Guide us, too, Lord, when things don’t go our way. Give us faith to keep looking ahead.
- Tell someone that you hurt that you are sorry.
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Third Sunday Advent: Joy
Light three candles on your Advent Wreath
Lord, we wait for you during Advent with hearts full of Joy.
The best news in all of history was given first to humble shepherds. Help us to remember that you often choose ordinary, poor, and humble people to share the good news of Christ. Help us to be like the humble shepherds and to share the good news of Christ with others.
- Play “Hide & Sheep.” The seeker is the Shepherd. Whenever the Shepherd finds a sheep, the sheep helps the Shepherd find the other sheep.
- Instead of saying, “I am worried about _________,” practice saying, “__________ brings me joy.”
Fourth Sunday of Advent: Love
Light all four candles on your Advent Wreath.
Lord, we wait for you during Advent with Love.
Our long wait for the birth of Jesus is almost over. Thank you, Lord, for this Advent time together. Help us to share your love not just during Advent and Christmas, but every day as long as we live.
- Celebrate God’s love by hugging your family members.
- Pray for all the people you love.