Catholic Daughters of the Americas Court SJCC 2300
Catholic Daughters of the Americas, St. Joseph Court #2300 is a national organization of women who are active participants in religious, charitable and educational apostolates of the church. Embracing the principle of Faith working through justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all mankind, they engage in programs which provide the Catholic Daughters with opportunities to develop their gifts in a meaningful way to positively influence the welfare of the Church and people throughout the world. The local court of St. Joseph currently has 124 members and is the largest court in Maryland.
- To raise money through the Fall and Spring Fundraisers in order to continue to support various charities or programs such as Operation Starfish, Apostleship of the Sea, St. Vincent’s Villa, Little Comforts, Escape Ministries, Linus Blankets, Prayer Shawls and the Fr. Hughes Scholarship program as well as other charities in the community that are in need.
- To bring awareness to members of pending legislation concerning Catholic values
-To educate members on various issues or needs in the community through guest speakers
- To provide opportunities for members to participate in religious and charitable ministries of the Church
- To promote the welfare of the Court and its members by learning each others’ strengths, encouraging participation through social events and
- To strengthen family relations by interacting with one another in service and work of the family community
- To continue the development of the Junior Court by personal example and by providing guidance/advice with all projects