Registration for 2018 – 2019 Religious Education and Sacraments
We want to encourage every child to be a part of our Religious Education program no matter what their personal or financial situation might be. No one will be turned away for financial need. If you would like to discuss further with our staff, please contact Mary Ellen Will at email@example.com.
In the event you do not pay by credit/debit card, or would like to volunteer for Religious Education a form is available with the link below.
Tuition fees are waived for immediate family members (children/grandchildren). Religious Education Adult Aides and Hall Monitor tuition fees are reduced by 50% .
The current options are as follows for religious education:
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION ON CAMPUS – Grades PK through 8 – Classes will begin on Sunday, October 14 and Monday, October 15. Registration fees are as follows: 1 child — $100, 2 children — $180, 3 children $240 and 4 or more children $300. We will make every effort to place your child/children in their requested class day and time.
On Campus Class options:
Sunday, 9:30 a.m – 10:45 a.m.
Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Monday, 4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
HOME STUDY CHRIST OUR LIFE – Grades K-8 – Helps children deepen their friendship with God. The program is rich in content, doctrine and Scripture with Jesus at the heart of every lesson. The current curriculum being offered for home study families is Christ Our Life. Parents schedule a set time each week to cover chapters in the textbook and then have children complete quizzes online for a review of the progress of each child.
HOME STUDY PFLAUM – Grades K-8 – These lessons help you bring the good news of the Gospels to your children each week. Pflaum, offers scripture-based catechesis that covers the entire Bible in the Church’s three year cycle using Sunday lectionary readings.
As an integral part of our faith formation curriculum, we will be teaching Catechesis for Family Life. This age-appropriate program about Christian living, chastity, character formation, and safe environment training promotes communication between you and your child. You are encouraged to review the program materials that the catechist will be using in the classroom, as well as the materials you will receive for home discussion. After examining the program, please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your child participating in this program.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW)
An alternate Liturgy of the Word, geared to a child’s level of understanding, is offered at the 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM Sunday Masses. Several teams of Leader Lectors and Aides plan and carry out this activity on a rotating basis. The children leave the assembly before the first scripture reading and return to the assembly after the Presentation of the Gifts. Children ages 4 to 10 years old are invited to participate.
For more information about these ministries, please contact:
Mary Ellen Will
Administrative Assistant for Religious Education
To everything there is a season and we are entering the season for the opening of Faith Formation programming at Saint Joseph Catholic Community. With this in mind, please understand that this year the parish has hired three new coordinators for the Faith Formation Office as of late August:
- Angie Jenkins, Coordinator of Primary Faith Formation (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- April Dietrich, Coordinator of Adolescent Faith Formation (Grades 6, 7 & 8)
- Anne Mason, Coordinator of First Reconciliation and Eucharist
We are fully committed to providing comprehensive programs and processes for your family. In order to do this properly, for this year only, we will be delaying the formal opening of scheduled Faith Formation Sessions for a short time. We recognize that this transition has been a challenge; and we are grateful for your patience as we form our team and prepare to launch new and exciting approaches for Faith Formation. The following are the launch dates for scheduled Faith Formation programming:
- October 1 Parent Meeting, 7:00pm (Room 103 Formation and Fellowship Center)
- All Parents of children Pre-K through 8th grade desiring any form of Faith Formation are encouraged to attend this meeting.
- October 8 Catechist Meeting, 6:30pm (Parish Hall)
- October 14, 15 Faith Formation Sessions begin
- October 16 or 23, First Reconciliation Parent Meeting, 7:00pm (location TBA)
We are hard at work building some innovative add-ons for Faith Formation programming (Pre-K through 8th Grade) using some of the best possible formation and resources that can be offered to the families of Saint Joseph Catholic Community. Some of the updates you’ll be learning about at the October 1 Parent Meeting are:
- useful parent resources
- introducing the REMIND™ app for up to the minute updates and reminders
- Facebook/social media sites
- additional catechist training and development
- 2018 -2019 calendar of dates
Again, we thank you for your patience and look forward to meeting each of you as we begin learning, growing, and building the Kingdom of God with you and your families.
Peace and Blessings,
Angie, April and Anne