Middle School Youth Group
Snow Tubing Event
Join Mr. Scott and friends for a fun night of snow tubing at Liberty Mountain.
Friday, January 17, 2020
Leave from SJCC at 5:15 pm. Return to SJCC by 10:15 pm.
Each participant needs to do the following:
- Sign Up on Snow Tubing Sign-Up Genius
- Complete Archdiocese of Baltimore Permission Form
- Complete Boulder Ridge Release Agreement
- $26 cash or check payable to SJCC with MSYM on memo line
- FIND A RIDE!!! Transportation for this trip is not provided. Parents are encouraged to form their own carpools
My name is Scott Link and I’m the coordinator of Youth Ministry here at St. Joe’s! I’ve been working in Youth ministry for over 12 years now. I graduated from Calvert Hall in ’99 and Lynchburg College in ’03. I was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame for lacrosse at Lynchburg and still play weekly with Severn River Lacrosse Club in Annapolis! I attribute my love for the Church to my awesome family (my four brothers and my amazing parents). I learned about faith from watch my mom praying for us constantly as we traveled back and forth from the hospital for stitches and casts (she should be canonized someday since it’s a miracle that we are all still alive, proof that prayer does work). I love all sports, mountain biking, being Catholic, traveling, movies, hiking, Italy (and all its food), the Pope, music, my gorgeous holy wife, my hilarious 3 daughters and doing youth ministry. My favorite saying is “In coelo quies est” (Latin) or “In Heaven there is rest.” I still can’t believe that I get paid to talk to teens about Jesus and the Church – sure beats tents making (like St. Paul). Be Holy, and I’ll see you in Heaven!
MSYG meetings typically take place on the first and third Fridays of the month during the school year from 6:30-8:00 pm in the SJCC Youth Center unless otherwise noted.
Jan 3 – King’s Day Celebration
Jan 17 – Snow Tubing (takes the place of usual meeting – see details at top of page)
February – NO MSYM MEETINGS IN FEBRUARY
March 6, 20
April 3, 17
May 1, 15
We are looking for young people in 8th grade or older who sing and/or play a musical instrument (any instrument is great!). We rehearse on Sundays before the 5:00 pm Mass, then play at Mass. Contact the YM Office for more information.
Resources for Parents
- Beyond the Pew is a video resource that is specifically geared towards engaging parents. There are short, quick videos with practical ways for parents to bring the faith home. You can find the video blog here: http://beyondthepew.org/ or on their youtube channel
- SJCC offers families a free membership to the website FORMED.org which offers a huge selection of videos for all ages to grow in their faith. Enter parish code HR7RK7.
For more information about these ministries, please contact:
Youth Group Coordinator
Administrative Assistant for Youth Ministry