We have recently added some significant and exciting initiatives this fall:
- a) CACOYA: [Carroll County Young Adults] at St. Joseph. A group of twenty somethings, and there are about twenty of them (!), which meets at the parish on certain Thursdays for fellowship and formation. Their next gathering is November 30th at 7 p.m. in the Youth Center.
- b) Pizza and Play: A gathering of couples and young children who meet in parishioner’s homes one Friday a month. The dynamic involves getting to know and support each other and encouragement in faith.
- c) The Wild Goose: A monthly gathering on a Thursday evening involving wine, cheese, and a wild goose! This event, held at a parishioner’s home, gathers couples in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s, and progresses through org’s “The Wild Goose” program.
The following events for formation and fellowship are coming soon. If you’re not already involved, please join in.
- Whiskey, Wine, and Wisdom on Monday nights, December 4th, 11th and 18th. Gather at a parishioner’s home to prepare for Christmas with a little bit of grain, grapes, and Catholic wisdom.
- Family Religious Education Gatherings: For the second time this December, we will bring families together during one of the usual Religious Education times, so the whole family unit can be involved in the dynamic of sharing faith and being together. These sessions will be held on Sunday, December 3rd, at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.; on Monday, December 4th, at 4:45 p.m.; and Tuesday, December 5th, at 5:15 p.m.
- An Advent Morning of Reflection will be hosted for all comers at the church on Saturday, December 9th, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
New to the Area? New to the Parish?
Need more than the Mass?
Get Connected groups
meet informally in homes
friendly and inviting
relatively large (15-25 people)
discuss topics of interest
get to know people casually
Coffee and Conversation
Join Bob and Diane Bastress at their home for light refreshments and casual talk.
Contact Bob Bastress at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pizza and Play
Sept. 22, Oct .20, Nov. 17
Join Andrew and Becca Lolly as you bring your kids and let them play together. Parents can connect and get to know and support each other. Discuss things that are important to your life and situation. Pizza is free!
Whiskey, Wine, and Wisdom
Monday nights: December 4, 11, 18
Join Ellsworth and Madeline Jones at their home as you prepare for Christmas with a little bit of grain, grapes, and Catholic wisdom
Contact Madeline at email@example.com
CACOYA (Carol County Young Adults 21-29)
Thursday Evenings 7:00-900
SJCC Youth Center (Lower Level)
WINE, CHEESE AND WILD GOOSE
HOSTED BY BILL AND CHRISTINA JONES
Join us for our monthly social gatherings where we will enjoy some good wine, assorted cheeses andgreat company. Oh, and some very filling wild goose!
Our small group is focused towards couples in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. We will progress through Formed.org’s “The Wild Goose” program.
Our gatherings are limited to 1-hour, once a month. No commitment required.
The gatherings are held on the second Thursday of each month at Bill and Christina’s home in Hawkridge Farm (Sykesville right off Obrecht Road) from 7 PM – 8 PM.
For more information, please email Bill and Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org or call