Confirmation Prep at SJCC is a two-year process for students in 9th grade or higher.
As part of their preparation, students:
- learn about their faith in large groups and in small Disciple Groups
- attend Mass and assist at liturgies
- participate in the Sacraments
- go on retreats
- do service projects
Adults who are practicing Catholics and are willing to share in the faith journey of our teens are invited to join our team of catechists. We will provide training as well as lesson plans. Contact the Office of Youth Ministry to learn more.
Registration for participants with adult volunteers: If you would like to be a GROUP LEADER for Confirmation Year 1 or 2, a 50% off discount is available for your children/grandchildren in the CONFIRMATION program. Contact Doris Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To register online and pay with a credit card or debit card, click here: Online Registration for Faith Formation and Sacraments Programs
To register with a printable paper form, please complete this form and drop it off with payment at the Parish Office or Welcome Desk: Printable Registration Form
Please click here for Printable Faith Formation Information
Year 1 Confirmation Prep
Students registering for Year 1 should be in Grade 9 or higher. The cost for the program is $100, which includes a day retreat.
September 8 OR 29 (choose one), 10 am–4 pm – Retreat at Shrine of St. Anthony, Ellicott City
September 22, 2019, 3:00 pm – Orientation for Parents AND Students, in the FFC at SJCC
Oct 13, Nov 10, Dec 8, Jan 12, Feb 9, Mar 8, April 5, 3 pm-6 pm, Class + Mass at SJCC
Please click here for Y1 Confirmation Program Details and FAQs.
Year 2 Confirmation Prep
Year 2 Confirmation Prep is for teens who have completed Year 1 and want to complete their preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation in the spring of 2020. The cost for the program is $200, which includes a retreat.
September 22, 2019, 12:00 pm – Orientation for Parents AND Students
September XX – Disciple Group Meeting*
October 27 – Sponsor Social, 3:00 pm
November XX – Service Activity**
December 8 – Large Group Session with Special Guest Presenter
January XX – Disciple Group Meeting*
February 22 or 23 (TBD) – Retreat
March 22 – Large Group Event
April XX – Disciple Group Meeting*
May – Interviews
*Disciple Groups will decide upon specific meeting dates and times in September, January, and April. Groups may meet in catechist homes or at the church.
**Disciple Groups will select a service activity to complete together sometime during the month of November.
Help at Sunday 5 pm Mass
- Serve as an EMHC (training required), Lector, or Usher at the Sunday 5:00 pm Mass.
- OR…create PowerPoints with song lyrics or run the projector for the Sunday 5:00 pm Mass.
- To sign up for any of these Liturgical Ministries, email email@example.com
Helpful Links and Forms
Resources for Parents
- Beyond the Pew is a video resource that is specifically geared towards engaging parents. There are short, quick videos with practical ways for parents to bring the faith home. You can find the video blog here: http://beyondthepew.org/ or on their youtube channel
- SJCC offers families a free membership to the website FORMED.org which offers a huge selection of videos for all ages to grow in their faith. Enter parish code HR7RK7.
For more information about these ministries, please contact: