Casseroles Needed for Our Daily Bread
Drop off your casserole before Wednesday in the Formation and Fellowship Kitchen to be served at Our Daily Bread the second Thursday of every month. Please join this ministry by preparing a casserole or dessert.
Beef Garden Casserole
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef or 1 lb ground beef and l lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp. salt; 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups green beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans tomato soup
- Cook macaroni and drain
- In a large pan, cook onions in a small amount of oil until tender; remove
- Brown meat; drain off fat
- Add onions, salt and pepper, vegetables, and soup; heat to boiling
- Pour into greased aluminum foil pan, add macaroni, mix well
- Cover with aluminum foil, label as Beef Garden Casserole and date made, then freeze
- Write the casserole name and date prepared on a piece of paper and tape it to the casserole. Please do NOT write on the aluminum foil, as any casserole with a puncture in the foil must be thrown away.
- Aluminum foil pans are on top of freezer in downstairs kitchen
- Extend aluminum foil covering down sides of casserole to prevent dripping
- Put prepared dishes in ODB freezer in downstairs or upstairs kitchen
Many thanks for volunteering your time and talent!