Faith Formation Volunteer Opportunities
What Can I Do?
If you love being Catholic and have a desire to share our faith, there are opportunities to volunteer in Faith & Family (Grades Pre-K through 8) online and in person (when onsite programming is permitted). We offer training and support and assistance when needed.
* Note: All gatherings in person are subject to determination base on gathering and social distancing requirements by the Archdiocese of Baltimore and the Governor of Maryland.
Pre-School Catechist *
- For in-person gatherings only.
- Provide a themed lesson and play during a 30-minute session once a month.
- Pre-K Catechists will be needed to oversee this age group if archdiocesan/state/local restrictions allow meetings.
Grade Level Catechist (K-8)
- Use publisher’s portal to facilitate online lessons for approximately 15 students.
- Work with your grade level team to create monthly communication (email or video) for students to provide an overview of the month’s material.
- Work with your grade level team to create monthly communication (email or video) for parents on how to incorporate the lessons of the month into their family life at home.
- Track student progress and send gentle reminders to parents whose children have not logged in.
- Report student progress to the Faith Formation Administrative Assistant regularly.
- If gathering is allowed, lead a 30-minute class on the first Sunday of every month*.
- Perform all duties of a grade level catechist.
- Coordinate your grade level team to prepare in-person lesson content for monthly gatherings*.
- Coordinate monthly messages (for parents) with your grade level team.
- Support and be an encouraging voice for your team.
Teacher Aides and Hall Monitors*
- Assist the catechist with classroom activities.
- Direct parents and students to their classrooms.
- Gather supplies needed for instruction.
- Teacher aides and hall monitors are needed if archdiocesan/state/local restrictions allow gatherings*.