DISPENSATION BEING LIFTED JUNE 26TH/27TH
In a joint statement , Archbishop Lori and the archbishop of the Archdiocese of Washington announced the lifting of the dispensation to attend Mass effective June 26/27. That same weekend, all social distancing restrictions will all be lifted. We look forward to worshiping with everyone again!
With the changes by the state and archdiocese regarding COVID guidelines, SJCC is implementing the following:
- Masks are not required to be worn in the church or parish buildings. However, in compassion and care for our parishioners who may not be vaccinated, we respectfully ask that you consider wearing your mask while in the church even if you, yourself, have been fully vaccinated.
- Social Distancing
- We are now requiring social distancing of three feet.
- Seating at Mass
- We will continue to use every other pew for seating at Mass. If it is necessary to use a roped-off pew to accommodate everyone at Mass, parishioners will be seated so that they are not directly in front of or behind parishioners in the other pews.
- Reconciliation will return to the confessionals in the Eldersburg church on Saturday, May 29th.
- We will be returning the regular chairs to the chapel as soon as possible.
- Mass Tickets
- Are no longer required.
- Offertory Procession
- We are looking at ways to safely re-introduce the offertory procession.
- Congregational Singing
- Is allowed and encouraged.